- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 ounces Beer (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 5 burrito-size Whole Wheat Tortillas (9 inches)
- 6 ounces Shredded Cheese (I used a combo of Cheddar, Colby Jack, and Havarti with jalapeno)
- Cooking spray
- Salsa and sour cream, for serving
Heat the poaching liquid over medium heat while you chop up a LOT of baby spinach. I used three cups just for my half batch, so definitely make a lot! I also added a hot pepper from my garden, I think it was a Cayenne. Add the spinach and pepper to the pan and saute for a few minutes while you set up for assembly.
You will need your chicken, cheese, and tortillas that are cut in half. You should also spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Once the spinach cooks and the liquid is pretty much gone, you can start putting them together. Spoon some chicken, spinach and a little cheese on the cut side of the tortilla. Then roll it up as tightly as you can and put it seam side down on the tray.