Saturday, September 29, 2012

Corn Casserole

Corn Casserole really needs its own page, so I'll hyperlink everything here from Scrumptious Saturday!  Like I said on the Chili post, this recipe is from my friend, Jenn, so I can't claim credit for it, but I also can't help but share it!  It is truly yummy.

Everything you need, plus cheddar cheese, which I forgot to grab because it doesn't get added till later.
 Here is what you need:



1 box of corn muffin mix (I like Jiffy)

1 16 oz. can corn kernels (drained)
1 16 oz. can creamed corn
1 stick of melted butter
1 egg
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cheddar cheese





Preheat the oven for 375.  Mix the corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, butter, egg and sour cream in a bowl.  Butter a casserole dish (or a square baking dish.) Pour the mixture in the buttered dish and bake for 45 minutes.  



  
After 45 minutes, take it out of the oven, stir in the cheese, and bake it for another 15 minutes.  Sometimes I sprinkle a little cheese on the top too :)
Stir in the cheese...
 
This is what it should look like coming out of the oven for the first time.
 
Sprinkle some cheese on top, and back in the oven!
  After 15 more minutes, take it out of the oven, and  get ready to dig in!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll be making this soon! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I started planning for this week, chili popped into my head, immediately followed by corn casserole. It is so delicious! I think I'll have it for lunch tomorrow with green beans from my garden :)

      Delete