Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hello, blogging world...

Many times over the last few years I have toyed with the idea of starting a food blog, but things kept getting in the way.  I was worried about taking photos, but more importantly, I experiment in the kitchen a lot, and I was concerned that I wouldn't know when something was going to be good enough to share.  But last night, I made a dinner that made me toss these reservations aside and this blog was born.  

I should start by sharing a few things about my self as a cook.  I am single.  I share this not so that you pity me, or try to fix me up (although, if you know someone... :)  but so that you know that one of the things I figured out a few years ago was that I'm not big on leftovers, so unless otherwise stated, these recipes will feed one, maybe two people.  If you need help adjusting for more people, I'll do my best to help.  

The other thing that may be helpful to know is that in addition to loving to cook, I love to garden. I use veggies from my garden whenever possible, because it's cheaper, more convenient, and everything I grow just tastes better! I also am a patron of my local farmer's market, and now that Wegman's just opened up 2 miles away, I have a plethora of fresh, local choices.  I try to eat what is local and in season, most of the time anyway.  

Last thing that should be stated here is that I'm not someone who cooks from recipes, and I'm not always so good at writing them down.  Actually, the only reason I usually will write one down is if someone asks for it.  Hopefully this blog will help me archive some of my favorite meals, and all the new adventures I'll take in the kitchen from here on out.  

So here goes nothing!  

ps.  please be patient while I figure out the photography piece of this, I'll get there, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I always wonder how food bloggers do it. It's do hard to remember to take photos of the process, and then if you do remember that dish might be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mag,
    I know! I think when I go to make something I know is delicious, I will definitely take pics, but hopefully I will just get in the habit of photographing the process, and if it sucks, I'll just delete :)

    ReplyDelete